Dear USA Jump Rope members,
With the growing concerns regarding the coronavirus, USAJRF is continuing to monitor the spread of this virus. Our organization continues to look at the CDC’s recommendations and guidelines.
At this point, the CDC is NOT recommending that our youth stop playing sports or attending practices and/or competitions. If there is a reason to suspend practices, tournaments, or workshops, USAJRF will communicate this to you.
The following guidelines should be enforced by coaches at all practices and events:
- Athletes and coaches should wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- All adults and children should stay home when sick. Cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, especially rope handles. Do not allow jumpers to chew on their rope handles (this should always be enforced).
- Individuals with chronic health issues and/or individuals experiencing severe symptoms should be evaluated by a medical professional.
- Hand-washing provides better protection from infectious diseases than the use of face masks.
- Athletes, coaches, and parents feeling ill should not attend practices, tournaments, or workshops.
- Teams should continue to show good sportsmanship by clapping or cheering for the opposition but should not be shaking hands, high fives, fist pumps, chest bumps, huddles, group celebrations, etc.
- Drink bottles should NOT be shared.
- If not already implemented, teams should execute a cleaning schedule for facilities, including ropes.
- Teams should NOT provide water jugs for communal usage, each player should bring their own water bottle.
Again, USAJRF will continue to monitor the spread of the virus and communicate with our members if any changes to the above guidelines are needed.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call me at 440-227-9797 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pam Evans, President
USA Jump Rope